Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Joie, Jojo, Jojg

[caption id="attachment_128" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Joie & Foxy Lady"]Joie & Foxy Lady[/caption]

 

 

Brief History: I met Joie in 2003 upon returning from Zambia.  She was to be my roommate, and we would share a closet.  After out other two roommates married (not each other), we moved down the street into an apartment, in which we shared a room and a closet.  Eight months or so later, we moved again, this time into a house I bought.  We each had our own room and own closet.  As of June 1st of this year, Joie and I no longer are roommates, though after 5 years of sharing life and space, I still can't help but refer to her as my roommate.

What I like about YOU!

Joie is one of the most passionate people I know.  She is passionate in both the ups and downs of her life.  She is passionate about people, dance, church, reading, making a great meal, children (who are people too), traveling, art.  I don't think anything in the world is blah to her.  She sees the world, she experiences it.  I think it's what feeds her passion.  Joie is amazing at relationships with people, though she might tell you otherwise, let me inform you that she is gif-ted at getting people to open up their hearts so that you can really get a glimpse of them.  She's done it with me.  Jojg is one of the most compassionate and gracious people I know.  She rarely jumps to conclusions about someone's circumstances.  At the same time, she doesn't let you off of the hook when what you need is to be challenged about an attitude, action, excuse, hard-heartedness.  I like to be right, and I think I always am, but Joie points out the limited reach of my conclusions.  It humbles me in the exact way I need to be humbled.

Joie is generous.  She truly lays down her life for others.  I like to choose the path of comfort and laziness, but Joie will be there, go out of her way, lose sleep, whatever it takes for someone she cares about.

Joie is not afraid to be silly, just for the fun of it.  She sings, she dances, she would live a musical if she could.  She helps me to slow down and enjoy the moment, have fun, not worry so much about trying so hard.

Joie makes me feel really known and really loved.  She is an outstanding friend.

4 comments:

  1. I need a few minutes for my throat lump to go away. Well said, Brook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh darn it. i did it again. that post wasn't from brook and neither is this one...
    joie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brook, thank you. i don't know what to say but that. I am humbled and honored and incredibly thankful for your friendship, for how different we are and that God has been gracious to give us 5 years of loving and understanding each other!!! My friend, the future is hopeful. I can just feel it (and well I believe in God). I think your next five year roommate won't be quite as emotional ;)! love you friend. love you much. heck i might even start a blog so i can write a post about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joie, I'm going to miss you commenting under my name.

    ReplyDelete