Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Clearly Crystal

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="604" caption="Gina & Crystal"]Gina & Crystal[/caption]

I had a dicken's of a time getting a picture of Crystal for this post.  Don't google her, it's weird. 

Brief History:

I met Crystal just a few short years ago.  Maybe just 2.  She and I are both from Norfolk, though I had come to Lincoln already by the time she set foot on Nebraska soil.  We got to know each other through leading worship at Grace Chapel and through what is called "Bible Study", though I don't think it's an accurate name for our Wednesday night gatherings.

What I like about YOU!

Crystal is an amazingly talented worship leader, and what especially makes her so is that she can screw up in front of a crowd, acknowledge it, and win them over with her humanity.  There just isn't an ounce of visible arrogance in her.  She will talk to anybody and make them feel like there the only one around.

Crystal is full of pep and enthusiasm.  She makes you want to turn your frown upside down and giggle.  And she's witty!  Cracks me right up!  Very few people can bring out my playful side, but she is one of them.  It may be genetic.

My favorite side of Crystal is the thoughtful introspective side.  She makes me want to read the Bible, and frankly, that is not something I have done often lately.  I am attracted to her relationship with her Savior.  The waters run deep, and I admire her for persevering through the struggles and lonely places that have produced much fruit.  She is great at asking questions that help me to work out my faith, so that what I believe is reflected in what I do.

She is gracious and always believes the best about me.  I can't help but love her!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts on friends makes me miss all you guys and Wednesday night "bible study"! I return from India late Friday in time to attend your going away party I hear!

    ReplyDelete