As I sit in Paul & Lindsey's home, rubbernecking at the trash guys taking the last trash pick up that will happen in my name at 1608, the day I will put my first house on the market, I am reflecting on what I have done in the last ten years.
1. I have earned, yes earned, two master's degrees.
2. I have lived in two countries, and two states.
3. I have had 4 different cars.
4. I have purchased my first home.
5. I have learned plumbing skills, including snaking a sewer system (thank you Scott Seebohm).
6. I have learned to brew beer.
7. I fulfilled a long time dream of being a barista.
8. I have had 8 jobs, 9 if you count plasma donation.
9. I guess I should add that I have sold bodily fluids.
10. I have been surrounded by amazing friends, including a surprising number of southerners, and over 20 roommates.
11. I have become a kayaker
12. I have seen friends marry and divorce, have children and lose them. Life is harder than I thought it would be.
13. I have become a mac user.
14. The kitchen department of stores has become my favorite section. I also like the garden section, storage, cleaning products, and home furnishings. I get more satisfaction from researching and buying a fan, than a CD.
15. I have moved closer to knowing who I am and becoming more human.