Friday, June 27, 2008

Satisfying Evening

Last night after packing up stuff to move to Norfolk, I traversed back to my old neighborhood and hung out with the Zach's, who have been my favorite neighbors.  Paul started a fire and we sat on the deck, drinking a bottle of wine that we confiscated from our friend Lou's wedding.  Bianca was there.  We talked about doing this very thing, and I so wanted it to really happen.  I will definitely miss the community of my neighborhood when I move to St. Louis.  Here's to the Zach's!

I will be staying in their home in the coming weeks.  We may have to recreate the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, the promised post! Very nice.

    It was good seeing you tonight in a setting where I wouldn't have guessed I'd run into you.

    You know how when you see your dentist in the supermarket? And it's strange to see him there, and you can't quite figure out why he doesn't have a drill with him, or if you should talk with him, and if you do, whether you should call him Dr. ______ or by his first name, and if you should tell him about a recent toothache?

    It was kind of like that, except I don't like dentists especially because I'm apparently not so good at flossing, and by contrast I like running into you.

    I hope you have a great trip to St. Louis. You'll be missed, of course. Keep us posted on here.

    ReplyDelete