Monday, June 30, 2008

Angry with myself

I learned something about myself this weekend as a pulled an open trailer full of my well-stewarded belongings to my parents' house for storage.  About 25 miles outside of Norfolk I was bombarded and pummeled with rain.  I had to pull over twice.  It only lasted 10 minutes, 10 minutes that felt like 20 as I berated myself for not putting a tarp over my stuff, defending my decision with past negative experiences with tarps.  The bottom line is that I made a decision that I thought was the best decision given the information I had.  I usually make good decisions.  I hate being wrong!  My wisdom was faulty!  Arrrg!  I stayed mad at myself all the way into Norfolk and for a good hour after I arrived.  I'm never one to hold a grudge or to stay angry, but I guess it's all different when I'm the one at fault with myself.  Perhaps I need to have lower expectations for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment