Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Seniors lobby Council to restore aging program

riotous mob
This picture cracks me up. These seniors are up in arms about the city budget cuts for their programs. They are the picture of angry revoltists.
Since my Scooter's job is right next to the aging center, I feel a bit "in the know" regarding the cuts to the seniors' programs. I am against it, as the seniors actually use the programs and the senior centers, it is a huge part of their livelyhood. It costs the city very little compared to other programs. And, do we really need to drop the kind of cash that is needed to put in brick crosswalks on South Street? If we don't provide seniors with programs, then as the baby boomers age and become seniors, they'll all be hanging out at Scooter's.

1 comment:

  1. ...just now read this on Friday morning and fell out of my chair laughing

    ReplyDelete