Monday, September 8, 2008

I have this tight feeling in my throat

Homesick (hōm'sĭk')

adjective

experiencing a longing for one's home during a period of absence from it

acutely longing for one's family or home

longing to return home

They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder.  I say that distance makes you realize what amazing friends I had back home, and how I kinda took it all for granted.

On Saturday night I came back from an all Covenant BBQ.  I watched the last 2 episodes of Gilmore Girls and realized that in saying good-bye to the show, I was dealing with my longing to be in Lincoln where I'm known and loved.  I have begun to grieve the loss of close community, and at the same time I hope that it will be created here in St. Louis.  I have marked my calendar for my fall break trip home in October.  I can't wait!

Lincoln People--thank you for being my friend!  You are each amazing, and you each contribute something invaluable to my life.

Oddly, my life right now reflects a country song.  I miss my home, I miss my friends, and I miss my dog. But, not to worry, I have beer to drown my sorrows in (just kidding).

No comments:

Post a Comment