Monday, September 1, 2008

First days

On Thursday I had my first day of classes at CTS.  I so wished I had some brand new #2 pencils to sharpen for the occasion, but alas, I purchased mechanical pencils.  I also bought highlighters and new ink gel pens.  I had an uncontained giddiness and idealism that has yet to be jaded.  I was alert (albeit freezing) for both of my classes, my brain whirring with all that there was to be learned.  There were hip new 3-ring notebooks for each class and unmarred syllabi to put in them.  

On my first day, here's what I learned:

I have amazing, passionate professors who want me to succeed.  One of them, Dr. Williams wrote the book Far as the Curse is Found, which I have been reading this August.

For a realist, I'm very idealistic about this season of school.

Take snacks and a long-sleeved layer to 3 hour classes.

This is going to be great.

Hopefully, forthcoming, is a picture of Karen and I on our way to class together.  I recalled the pics my mom used to take of my brother and I on our bikes (I had a banana seat) ready to pedal our way to our first day of elementary school, backpacks hanging over both shoulders, attired in new back-to-school clothes.  I bought a new t-shirt for Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, we just got Far As the Curse is Found in the mail this week! The Young Shepherds are reading it for their class. I think I might have to take a look at it.

    (I threw 2 peanut butter jars away last week. What a waste. I couldn't help but think of B.)

    ReplyDelete