Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Well, I'm here.

I arrived at my new "home" at Covenant Seminary on Friday afternoon about 3:30.  Thankfully, after leaving such dear friends in Lincoln, Kate and Lou (2 former NE roomies) were here to meet me.  Talk about easy!  

I was very excited to finally be in St. Louis, and the transition is now full upon me.  I have met 2 of my 3 roommates and they are both great.  However, it's still not easy.  I feel like every interaction with new people takes extreme effort.  I feel like I have been called to be courageous.  It's a little bit lonely at times, and I have very little to occupy my time.  I watched all of Season 3 of Gilmore Girls from Saturday to Monday.  I'm still searching for a job.  That's a bit stressful.  I started reading "Far as the Curse is Found", since it is required reading for many of my classes.  I have sought out Trader Joe's.  I went to church Sunday at Crossroads PCA.  I liked it.  Eric and Elizabeth and Melynda formerly of Grace Chapel were there.  That was good.  I can't wait for classes to start, to have a full routine.

That's the update.  I miss all of you in Lincoln more than I expected.

3 comments:

  1. Guh. I/we miss you too, Brookos. So, so much. Already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to Scooter's on my lunch hour today to journal and read. I ordered ice tea... because it wasn't fun to see someone I didn't know have to get up from their laptop at the surfboard table and raz them about how many dishes will be used to make a nonfat raspberry mocha with 3/4 the usual amount of mocha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we posted simultaneously today.

    And for the record? You and Karen should post everyday. Really.

    ReplyDelete