Sunday, June 24, 2007

Why I should be a doctor

As a Scooter's barista I come into contact with many random individuals with unique backgrounds. My workmate Jared has dubbed one of them "the cherry urine woman". I will call her Heather, because that's her name. She came in the other day and asked me if I knew about vericose veins. I told her my grandma had some removed once or twice. She then had me examine her legs, exclaiming that it just came on yesterday and was covering her legs. I told her it was probably a rash and not vericose veins, but she should seek a doctor's opinion. She said she had seen her M.D. and he said she should put aloe vera on them. She then tried to show me her back, which I declined to see. In leaving she said that I should be a doctor, because lots of people probably ask me for my medical opinion, since I work at a coffee shop. I immediately began studying for the MCATs. I guess I need to know a lot more if I'm going to be in the coffee business.

6 comments:

  1. very curious now about why she is called the "cherry urine woman." perhaps she's approached jared about her issues with dehydration.

    yep, would've never known you'd get something like that working at scooters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is called "the cherry urine woman" because that is the unique scent she gives off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! some people are so open. here she is showing you her legs and the situation with them. and then she's just going to move on to showing you her back. wow! part of me says i'd be a little freaked out by the experience but another part tells me that this lady rocks, her ability to be open like that.

    i don't want to think of what cherry scented urine smells like. anything urine scented is quite turn offish. :ack: cheers . . ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! oh brook, the instant i saw cherry urine woman named so by jared i knew! it was THAT woman! :) Way to go on your doctor skills, i'd take your medical advice! :)

    i will see you soon, i need caffiene....

    ReplyDelete
  5. the haymarket scooters might just be lacking in such phenomenal characters as the cherry urine woman. I don't know that I am sad about that, though it does make for a good story!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear friends of mine, PULEAZE don't let me ever get to the stage of being called Cherry Urine Woman by baristas. I beg of you.

    ReplyDelete