Saturday, November 1, 2008

Toilet Paper Sin



I loathe buying toilet paper these days.  When did it get so freakishly expensive?!  I feel like it's such a waste of money considering it's purpose.  Plus, it seems like it's even more expensive in St. Louis.  Because I hate buying TP so much, it usually takes me a long time to choose what brand I will select.  It's gotten so bad, that I compare the price to the overall square feet I could take home.  I know what I want, Cottonelle. In my opinion, it's the best, but it's also the priciest.  And, it's got a puppy on it.  Last Wednesday I settled on Quilted Northern.  The commercials are dumb, and who cares if your TP is quilted.  I went for the package of 12 double rolls (450 SQ FT, 300 2-ply sheets per roll.)  It cost me about $8.  Toilet paper, it now costs me time and money.  

Sadly, due to its cost, I find myself wanting so somehow ration it, and make 3 square rules for its use. When you live with multiple women in one dwelling, there is usually one person who uses more TP that everyone else.  I'm not sure how you can prove it, but I resent her just a little bit.  Look what this world is coming to.  My sin over toilet paper: greed, coveting, hate, temptation to steal, lack of trust.

4 comments:

  1. This makes me miss living with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh! Everything is more expensive here in St. Louis. My parents fill our freezer and pantry each time they come because what they can buy in Lincoln, even at Hy-Vee, is cheaper there than here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm guilty of the over 3 square rule when we lived together.....i was that woman! hahaha....

    an old roommate (before i lived with you....you ssee its a habit...) used to buy the kind that kids use for potty training it has a little puppy every like 3 or 4 squares.....so if the puppy isnt on the last square you KNOW the previous potty user used TOO much...seriously everytime i sat there and did the business...i felt guilty.... :) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I resent that girl too...and I'm afraid it's me.

    ReplyDelete