Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Woe is me. I'm starting to pack.

Yesterday I started packing.  I have been putting it off, thinking, "there's tons of time".  Two weeks.  Two weeks!  Crap, and I have a ton of glassware!  So, I started going through my closet and separating clothes.  I packed up my books and whittled them down to just one box that gets to travel to St. Louis.  It took me 2 hours!

Emotionally, honestly, this is harder than I thought.  It's closure that I really don't want to have.  Good-bye to the first house I've ever owned.  I'll stop there.  Baby steps to good-bye.  

So, if anyone likes to pack.  Let me know and come on over.

3 comments:

  1. i kind of like packing.

    ...

    but only my own things.

    hey brook! dont go traveling down paths that others have already made for you. you got to Strive forward headlong and make your own path! Powza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWO WEEKS? oh, i've been praying for you and for the comm. dinner group -- so much is changing!! wish i could help pack.. though if i brought jones, we'd be a little counter-productive i'm afraid. i can imagine your house during daytime and the light that would come in through the kitchen window. it looks beautiful in my mind. i think you'd offer me toddy, and i would say, "yes please!" and bianca would lick jones :)

    those daydreams are precisely why bryan looks at me with a frown and says, "girls are so strange.." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it's really happening, huh?

    ; )

    ReplyDelete