Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why I like movies

A few moments ago I finished watching a movie, the title is unimportant, and I recalled what it is that makes me love movies . . . it's that I find the parts of me that are missing, hidden beneath the obligations, roles, assumed expectations.  I watch movies and I want to be more me, I want to be more honest with people, to touch their lives with words and actions that will impact them for a short moment or for a lifetime.  I want to be courageous, I want to be whimsical, I want to make a mark.  The characters in movies inspire me, in both their strengths and their faults, their victories and their over-dramatic sorrowful walks on dark rainy nights down lonely streets.  They inspire me to breath deeply and experience my life, not just let time go by.

1 comment: