Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Size doesn't matter

I have been thinking about faith lately and the whole mustard seed deal. I think I have finally come up with an understanding of the what Jesus was getting at, or at least something that sits really well with me. I find that if what the Bible asks of me is impossible to live out, then perhaps I am misunderstanding it. I realize that all is accomplished by grace, so let's just get that out of the way.
Now, back to the mustard seed thing. If my faith is as big as a mustard seed then I can throw a mountain into the sea, or something like that. So, I think the crux of it is whether or not I choose to believe in who God is and what He can do if He wants to, not how much I believe. The question is do I believe or not. There is either a mustard seed worth of faith or no faith at all. Somehow, this is easier.

1 comment:

  1. That sparked a thought I was having yesterday when I read a translation that said "love the Lord your God with all your...understanding..." instead of mind. It made me think of my mentally handicapped friend growing up, Jennifer, who never lived a normal life, but was confirmed and communed and loved God with all her mind...all her own capacity...with her mustard seed.

    ReplyDelete